Sunday 8 April 2012

A few make-up items I'm loving.

I thought, due to my lack of posting, you were due a day of double posts. I have been discovering items that have been forgotten in the ibis that is my make-up collection and loving some well awaited new additions. I thought it might be a nice idea to express my love for these products and maybe encourage you all to love them too! So here goes.

1. I have a love for bold, but still natural looking, eyebrows. And with that comes a love for a great eyebrow pencil. As a avid follower of Sammi from http://beauty-crush.blogspot.co.uk/ I remembered her mention of this pencil in hazel so thought I would pick it up in dark brown and give it a whirl. I LOVE it it gives my eyebrows a natural look as well as making them neat and bold to 'frame my face' as they say.

2. Yet another recommendation from Sammi. The lip liner pencil in '011 spice' from Rimmel is absolutely gorgeous! I love my dark lip colours but when summer rears its head I feel a bit off wearing a really deep red and feel like brights and nudes are much more fitting to the weather. The thing I love about spice is that its quite a dark nude so I can carry my deeper colours through to the summer months and for £2.99 its a steal!

3. I discovered this little treasure hiding away in my make-up bag. It was a free sample I got in Superdrug a while ago and I had forgotten all about it. It is hands down my favourite blush. Its a cream formula that blends effortlessly on the skin and is the perfect mix of peach and gold shimmer to give you that brilliant sun kissed summer glow. Now all I have to do is find a dupe for it because unfortunately I discovered Bourjois don't do a full size version.

4. There isn't really a lot to say about this next product. Carmex, well it's just brilliant! I bought the classic version because well I hate cherry tastes and smells so that wasn't for me but this has been my life saver! I have really dry lips so I never leave the house without a lip balm and this is now my lip balm of choice. It's incredibly moisturising and everything you could wish for in a lip balm. I expect you all have tried it as I was pretty late to jump on the band wagon but if you haven't I urge you to go buy it ASAP!

5. Finally I recently bought the witch powder after I noticed it was on offer in Superdrug and I'm really impressed with it. I'm not sure about its claim to make my skin clearer but the finish it gives to my skin is really nice as long as you don't apply too much. Unfortunately I have oily skin so a powder is a must and this one is my current favourite.

I hope my little ramble on my favourite products of the moment has inspired you to give a few of them a try for yourself as I think they are all absolutely brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. Some great reviews here! I'm on the look out for a new brow pencil so I might give this one a go! :) xx

    ReplyDelete